StatCounter

Dedicated to the Study and Appreciation
of the Movies and Personalities of the Golden Age of Hollywood

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Liebster Blog Award

We interrupt our regularly scheduled posts to announce that Cinedrome has become the proud recipient of a Liebster Blog Award, presented by my blogospheric friend and neighbor Dorian over at Tales of the Easily Distracted. You can learn more about Dorian and her blog on the Cinedrome Links and Resources page, but better yet, hop on over to TotED itself and experience this woman's (and her husband Vinnie's) cleverness and erudition first-hand. Many thanks, Dorian, for the award -- and for your frequent and welcome comments here at Cinedrome; I'll do my best never to disappoint you.

A condition of accepting the award is to pass it on to at least three other bloggers whom you frequent, value and admire, and I'm delighted to do so (although I'm sure my awardees are already familiar to Cinedrome readers):

Greenbriar Picture Shows  I suppose everybody reads Greenbriar, but if they don't they certainly should.

Laura's Miscellaneous Musings  Again, hardly an unknown, but I stop by there at least once a day, if only to keep up with Laura's Herculean viewing schedule.

Walt Disney's Story of Robin Hood  Disney's 1952 version stands in the shadow of the Errol Flynn classic (what movie wouldn't?), but also in the shadow of the 1973 animated version, which for my money...well, stinks, and that's just not fair. Clement of the Glen goes far to correct things on this blog about his favorite movie, and I love it.

And finally, just for the record, I'd also have given a Liebster to Dorian at Tales of the Easily Distracted if she hadn't already given one to me.

3 comments:

DorianTB said...

Jim, it was an honor and a pleasure for me to bestow the Liebster Blog Award upon you, because you're not only a talented and enjoyable writer, you're a great guy! And I'm honored and flattered that you'd have happily given me the award, too; thanks a million! Thanks, also, for using your Liebster Award to steering me and our fellow bloggers and readers to GREENBRIAR PICTURE SHOWS and WALT DISNEY'S STORY OF ROBIN HOOD (I already know and love LAURA'S MISCELLANEOUS MUSINGS :-)), so they'll get more of the attention they deserve.

Laura said...

Jim, I just happened across your post as I was spending my lunch break surfing my favorite movie blogs -- coming across your kind words was a very nice way to start the week!

I have visited the STORY OF ROBIN HOOD blog in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it -- I encourage your readers to check it out. Needless to say, Greenbriar Picture Shows is a terrific blog.

And a big thanks to Dorian for the nice words in the comment above. Readers like the two of you are a tremendous encouragement to me and my blogging efforts.

Thanks and best wishes,
Laura

DorianTB said...

Thank you and you're welcome, Laura and Jim! :-) You're not only terrific bloggers, but terrific people, too!

Copyright Notice

All textual content Copyright (c) date of posting by Jim Lane. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jim Lane and Jim Lane's Cinedrome with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.